Last night at College Park Church Fishers, we hosted a short forum on prioritization. With all the choices and possible commitments before us every day, and with the pace of life and the constant presence of distractions, it’s an important topic (though very broad). Below are a few of the resources recommended by the panel members.
I would add in my recommendation of Crazy Busy: A (Mercifully) Short Book about a (Really) Big Problem by Kevin DeYoung. (Joey also recommended this book.) It not only has a chapter on setting priorities, but other chapters get at many challenges today making intentionality and prioritization difficult.
- What’s Best Next by Matt Perman. (Joey recommended this for thinking through priorities.)
- The Gospel at Work by Sebastian Traeger. (Joey presented a few thoughts from this.)
- “Create a Family Purpose Statement” from The Art of Simple. (Katie recommend this resource to help families develop a purpose statement together.)
- Kids reader Bible by Nirv. (Heidi suggested this book as a reader version for kids. She also suggested some of the resources listed in the back of the Lent Guide for family resources and activities this Easter.)
- The Warren Wiersbe Bible Exposition Commentary. (Brad recommended this as a resource he uses in his study of the Bible.)
- A View from the Zoo by Gary Richmond. (Mark recommended this fun book for reading with children to understand God through Creation and animals.)
- Tyranny of the Urgent by Charles Hummel. (Kristel recommended this short book for determining what’s important vs urgent.)