If you’re looking to grow in studying the Bible, here are some recommended resources. There are countless books, sermons, podcasts, articles, and blogs available on the topic, so this is just to get you started.
Just in case it wasn’t obvious, you need a copy of the Bible. Many now use an online or electronic version, but I’ve found personally that a printed one works better because it minimizes distractions.
- Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin; Grasping God’s Word by J. Scott Duvall and J. Daniel Hays; How to Read the Bible for All It’s Worth by Gordon Fee and Douglas Stuart; Cross Talk: Where Life and Scripture Meet by Michael R. Emlet; One to One Bible Reading by David Helm; Let the Reader Understand by Dan McCartney; Journey into God’s Word by J. Scott Duvall.
- Grasping God’s Word laminated sheet
- ESV Scripture Journals
- Other tools: Study Bible, Multiple Translations, Commentaries, Concordance, Bible Dictionary, etc.
- “5 Strategies for Daily Bible Reading” by Gavin Ortlund at ftc.com
- “How to Read the Bible for Yourself” by John Piper at desiringgod.org
- “14 Ideas to Make Your Bible Reading More Consistent” by Kristen Wetherell at ftc.com
- “You Can Read the Bible More Than You Think” at crossway.org
- “Teach Your Teen How to Read Their Bible” by Jen Wilkin at tvcresources.net
- “Inductive Bible Study is Not Just for Adults” by Shawna Duvall at thegospelcoalition.org
- “7 Essential Questions to Ask When You Study the Bible” by Josh Daffern at patheos.com
- “10 Books Every Christian Home Library Needs” by Jared Wilson at ftc.com
- Blue Letter Bible. A website with many Bible study resources.
- The Bible Project. Video overviews of books of the Bible and key themes.
- Look at the Book by John Piper. Watch videos of John Piper working through a text.
- Precept Austin. Another great website with Bible study tools.
- Help Me Teach the Bible podcast series from The Gospel Coalition.
What are your go to resources when reading and studying the Bible?
One thought on “Resources for Bible Reading”
Thanks for sharing!